Tuesday, February 5, 2013

October, November & December all in One!!!

Well, as you can tell I let the months fly by without any up-dates!!! So I've decided to condense all three months into one blog post, just so I can say it's done for the year.
I'll try and do better this next year, but no guarantees. We're all human remember :)

October-----
Dale and I took a weekend trip to Oakley, ID so we could see Jaxson and Kennlyn play in their soccer games. It sure brought back a lot of memories of when we had little ones running around in a bunch chasing after the ball. Loved it!!! Amie's helping coach and I must say she has ALOT of patience.


I was busy ushering at the Eccles Theatre.  I ushered for The King and I and Dracula. I've also served in the temple weekly. Can't think of a better place to be than in the House of the Lord.

We got a call from Danica. She said they'd won their region play-off games 10-0 and 2-1, so their team will be going to the Nationals in Florida!!! Dale and I booked a flight :)

 
We had a scare this Halloween. Dale's dad had a stroke which affected his whole left side. Luckly he was able to get to the hospital and get the miracle shot that helps stroke victims. He's doing ok, but will be staying at the Uof U hospital for awhile until he's cleared to head home. Our prayers are with him.
We were able to see all of the kids dressed up for Halloween via our awesome technology. Dale and I even got into the spirit of things and dressed up. I'm glad we haven't decided we're to old to have some fun!
 
 
Our Caliornia kids took some time off to do some sight-seeing around Lake Tahoe with some friends. Looks like they are still fitting in the fun---good for them!
 
 
November---
Dale went elk hunting with some of his buddies and so I went and spent a weekend in the big city with my golden girls! We shopped, went to a comedy show, did a session in the Salt Lake temple, got pedicures and manicures and shopped some more. Fun times for all. I am thankful for good friends.
 
Dales dad had a few more mini strokes and is still in the Uof U hospital, but is hanging in there and isn't about to throw in the towel. We took a trip down there to see him before we headed out for Flordia to see Danica play soccer in the Nationals. He looks good and we had a nice visit. We thank our lucky stars he's still with us!!!
 

 


 
Dale and I arrived in sunny Flordia! We spent a week there watching Danica's games, stolling on the beach, and seeing the sights. Her team won their first game 5-0 and the next game 3-2. They lost in the semi-final game 4-5 in a double OT that went to a shoot-out. Quite the game. They ended up taking 3rd place in the Nation for Jr. Colleges. Danica started in every game and gave it her all.     Not bad!! We were glad we were able to be there to cheer her on :)
 



During our off-time we were able to get in some sight-seeing. We spent time on the beach, hunted down manatees, went to the Kennedy Space Center, and checked out Merritt Island where we saw two alligators and a lot of cool birds. We went to church and saw the Orlando Temple the day we came home. It was a nice relaxing trip. Thanks Danica for getting us there!

 
We got home and found all well and spent Thanksgiving with Garrett and Zandra at their place. Thank you for doing the cooking this year, it tasted great!!
I hit the road and headed to Oakley, ID to help out with the kids and a new addition to the Mallory clan. Amie had a healthy boy weighing 9 lb. that was 21 in. long, C-section. I enjoyed my bonding time with Jaxson and Kennlyn and was glad to be able to help.
 
December----
We got Langston D Mallory home and I think everyone adjusted to having him around. Being grandma was pretty fun I must say. Love those little ones! After two weeks, though it was time to go home to see if the house was still standing.
 



 
I got home  a day before Danica got here and in time to jump into helping put on our ward Christmas party. I was over the Giving Tree. It was real nice, we had a ham dinner, program and did some service projects as well as the Giving Tree. We live in a great area and have a great ward.
 
Danica was glad to be home, sleeping in her bed, and we were glad to have her. She was a big help.
We had the WHOLE family gather in Salt Lake the Friday before Chistmas and we spent the weekend together. We went to The Savior of the World program at the Conference Ceter, did some ice skating and skiing, took the kids to the Children's Museum and saw the lights on Temple Square. We laughed, ate, and just enjoyed the time together. Nothing better than quality family time!
 
 
We got home and had the WHOLE clan together for the Hansen and Petersen Christmas parties and we went skiing, tubing, sledding, played games, ate, laughed, visited and went to the Jump Zone. It was a fun, full week. My Christmas wish came true----we were all home for Christmas!!
 
 
I am blessed!
 
 

 


1 comment:

  1. What a great family picture Debbie. Love you guys. I love reading your posts and keeping up to date with my Hansen cousins. Thanks and keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete